HAPPY NEW YEAR from all of us here at Holmen Lofoten in the Lofoten Islands!
Our plans for 2024 are ready to come alive and we look forward to welcoming guests to our Arctic home to enjoy guided hikes in the wild, eat in our seasonal restaurant, snuggle up in our new suites or traditional rorbu and our bespoke culinary events.
To deliver these magical experiences we are looking for talented and enthusiastic people to work with us here on “the edge of the world”.
Holmen values authenticity, equality, honesty, humour, and hard work. We choose our staff first and foremost on personal attitude and abilities. Pride in our workplace and colleagues, loyalty, and the desire to contribute to something special with kindness and helpfulness are essential qualities in every team member.
Quality of work and life features
- Holmen is a small, very personable establishment. Supportive and collaborative.
- We’re an international team. Every person or position is equally valued and respected.
- Holmen is strongly connected to its natural environment. We’re committed to our environmental footprint being as minimal as possible.
- Due to the history of the buildings, working at Holmen is both inside and outside. You’re connected with nature while you work.
- When timely and appropriately offered, there’s opportunity to engage and connect with guests. As opposed to the more impersonal, corporate culture of large hotels.
- The dramatic landscape, weather, seasonal changes, midnight sun and polar nights, offer distinct and strong contrasts throughout the year. It’s dynamic, energizing and never boring.
- Living in a fishing village on a mountainous archipelago has great charm and character. From the hikes to water sports, fishing and foraging it’s an adventurer’s paradise.
Want to join our team?
English is an essential in our shared workplace language, however having knowledge of the basic Norwegian meet-and-greet words are an advantage.
We take our legal and ethical duty of care obligations of our employees seriously and without exception. Offering a professional, warm, and inclusive work environment, we offer:
- Visa assistance
- Staff housing arrangement
- In-depth workplace training and onboarding for living in our remote location
If you are the person we are looking for, please get in touch with us at
Please mark your email with the position you are looking for and enclose a copy of your CV and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from YOU