Join our team
We are looking for talented and enthusiastic people to join us here on “the edge of the world”.
Who we are
Holmen Lofoten is a family owned and operated hotel and restaurant with a program of curated events. Our little islet and the surrounding nature offers space for logging off and recharging. We welcome and invite our guests to enjoy what we love most – the culture, nature and our year-round life in the Arctic.
Company culture & values
Holmen values authenticity, equality, honesty, humour, and hard work. We choose our staff first and foremost on personal attitude and abilities. Pride in our workplace and colleagues, loyalty, and the desire to contribute to something special with kindness and helpfulness are essential qualities in every team member.
The team at Holmen are self-motivated and passionately engaged in the natural and cultural world of Northern Norway. Being resourceful, resilient, and patient are characteristic when unpredictable and delayed circumstances arise due to our remote location or the climate in the Arctics. We see the glass as half full than half empty.
Whether permanent or seasonal, life here is equally dynamic and peaceful in one of the most awe-inspiring, adventurous locations in the world.
Located at the tip of the Lofoten archipelago in the village of Sørvågen in the Nordland region in Northern Norway, this remote, mountain and marine location is characterised by dramatic contrasts. Life here requires an independent, adaptable and adventurous spirit.
Quality of work and life features
- Holmen is a small, very personable establishment. Supportive and collaborative.
- We’re an international team. Every person or position is equally valued and respected.
- Holmen is strongly connected to its natural environment. We’re committed to our environmental footprint being as minimal as possible.
- Due to the history of the buildings, working at Holmen is both inside and outside. You’re connected with nature while you work.
- When timely and appropriately offered, there’s opportunity to engage and connect with guests. As opposed to the more impersonal, corporate culture of large hotels.
- The dramatic landscape, weather, seasonal changes, midnight sun and polar nights, offer distinct and strong contrasts throughout the year. It’s dynamic, energizing and never boring.
- Living in a fishing village on a mountainous archipelago has great charm and character. From the hikes to water sports, fishing and foraging it’s an adventurer’s paradise.
Want to join our team?
English is an essential in our shared workplace language, however having knowledge of the basic Norwegian meet-and-greet words are an advantage.
We take our legal and ethical duty of care obligations of our employees seriously and without exception. Offering a professional, warm, and inclusive work environment, we offer:
- Visa assistance
- Staff housing arrangement
- In-depth workplace training and onboarding for living in our remote location
If you are the person we are looking for, please get in touch with us at
Please mark your email with the position you are looking for and enclose a copy of your CV and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from YOU